Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello everyone!

Well, this is my first blog, so bear with me! I started this to get my interests out there and let everyone know just how much I love the outdoors and archery. The sport in general is what intrigues me the most, so not only am I a bow hunter, but I LOVE to shoot, talk about it or tweek and tune my personal bow.

I guess I should give you some background about me, I am 35 years old, soon to be 36, but who's counting right?? LOL, anyway I am married have a wonderful wife of fifteen years and have three children ranging from 19 to 17 and an 8 month old Grandson! I know, I know I am too young to be a Grandpa right? Maybe so, but I love every minute of him being around so I think I will keep him! LOL.

I am from PA originally and grew up in the outdoors both hunting, fishing and learning about critters in general. Thanks to my Dad I learned to bowhunt and it sort of has manifested itself into a monster! I started shooting when I was 11 and got my first job in a pro shop in Illinois. That was where my interest in it really peaked and it was not until about 3 years ago that I decided that archery was what my future will hold! I currently work in a pro shop in S. Georgia and shoot 3D when I can (we are very busy this time of year) and just love all aspects of the sport.

I shoot a Mathews Drenalin, Easton arrows and on the fiels staff of the best broadheads anywhere, Grim Reaper! Please check them out if you have a chance! http://www.grimreaperbroadheads.com/

I also write a modern bowhunting coloumn for Tom Sorenson at http://www.basecamplegends.com/, they are a great bunch of guys that will tell you all you need to know about elk and mule deer huting.

There is another local couple here in Georgia that I hope you all will check out and drop them a line to let them know how they are doing with their quest to break into the outdoor adventure world by doing some video work of thier own hunts, so zip em an email or drop them a line on their website http://www.lovintheoutdoors.com/. Phillip and Anna are awesome people who have a passion for the outdoors like you have never seen!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone and making some new friends on here and I will keep everyone posted on some bow tuning tips, whitetail info, new bow products and many other things as well as once hunting season starts, share some of my stories afield and hope some of you do the same!

Take care everyone!!

Scott

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blogging.

    If I can help in any way feel free to ask. Plus, if you go to the Outdoor Bloggers Summit page you can get a lot of help as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to leave the address dummy me.

    http://outdoorbloggerssummit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rick!! I am looking forward to learning and posting so much more in the very near future!!

    ReplyDelete